About Redis Administration

This category focuses on topics related to operating Redis servers, instead of programming applications or data modeling. These tasks vary widely, but include starting a Redis instance, setting up replicas, upgrading an existing server, performing backups, sharding, and handling a dataset larger than your available memory.

Redis administration covers very important and highly beneficial topics such as:
-Storage of data in memory
-Simplicity and ease of use.
-Flexible data structures.
-Replication and persistence.
High level of availability and scalability.
-Extensibility

another very important part is caching which to reduce data latency and increase processing capacity

Redis is optimal for implementing an in-memory cache to reduce data access latency, implement processing power, and lighten the database.

apart from this Redis works with practically all the best known programming languages ​​on the market.

The analysis in real time is very interesting since they can be used as streaming solutions (Apache kafka, Amazon kinesis), as a data warehouse in memory, to incorporate, process and analyze data in real time.

Redis enables the development of high-value applications by simplifying administrative tasks.

It is recommended to see two comparisons that I was reading that they make between Redis of self-managed open source and Amazon elasticache fully managed for redis, very interesting the characteristics of each one.

Redis is optimal for implementing an in-memory cache to reduce data access latency, implement processing power, and lighten the database.

apart from this Redis works with practically all the best known programming languages ​​on the market.

…and PHP :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The great difference between Redis and other databases is that Redis resides in memory while the other databases that we commonly use are stored on disks or SSDs.

It should be noted that by storing the data directly in memory, the information can be obtained in a matter of seconds.

One of the many characteristics that Redis has within the data structure is its versatility, availability, transactions, among others.

1 Like

Redis has very interesting Advantages that help us to facilitate the work, some of these are:
Incredibly fast performance.

Memory data structures.

Versatility and ease of use.

Replication and persistence

compatibility with various programming languages.

thanks to the ease of use and speed Redis is a popular choice in web applications, ad technology, mobile and LoT.

As we know, Redis stores data in memory with high levels of availability, which is why it is one of the preferred options for developers to store and manage session data for interactive applications.

Redis manages user data, credentials, personalized and specific sessions for each user individually, which is why its management is so complete and didactic for both users and developers.

Redis is an ideal value structure store for performing session management tasks, simply by storing TTL fast key values ​​in session keys to manage the appropriate information.

These session administrations are of primary importance for online applications, websites and social media platforms.

Redis administration solve many problems such as:-
-Storage of data in memory
-Simplicity and ease of use.
-Flexible data structures.
-Replication and persistence.
High level of availability and scalability.
-Extensibility

Hello! looking to update a redis instance running as a service on a windows server. its a very old ver 2.8.2104. it got tagged in an audit with vulnerabilities. the vendor that did the original install is not being helpful. Can i compile a newer version myself? ive only found ver 3 pre-compiled. i know i am missing things here…so looking for some help. im not unix savy. thanks.

Are you able to just switch over to running on the RedisLabs cloud or other provider? That would likely be the easiest thing to get up and running on the latest version.

Hi, There I just want to give my feedback on Redis Administration as they help me lot as the questing or the queries i post in there get resolved quickly

If you were using Redis port for Windows from MS Open Tech (Microsoft) - it is no longer maintained (last release was 3.2.100). I am however maintaining it now, with latest release of 5.0.10. Please have a look on GitHub: tporadowski/redis

Regards,
Tomasz