Are the calls like of mrange, info, range and queryindex of blocking type in redis (redis time series)?

I am building a high scale application, so just wanted to know if the calls like of mrange, info, range and queryindex of blocking type in redis (redis time series)? If yes, then what are the alternatives to these commands?

Yes, these are all running on Redis main thread (if I understood your question correctly).

Notice, that if aggregation time is what you care about you should consider using TS.CREATERULE and made sure the aggregation are in an eager way.

If on the other hand you’re concern about the index query time, first I would have start by measuring the time it takes for your application today to query it, index query, unless the tags cardinality is very high, should be very quick.

Last, you should expect in the next few weeks dramatic improvement in the index query time since we’re working on integrating RediSearch as RedisTimeSeries indexing facility.

Thanks for the reply, but by blocking I meant like the command ‘keys *’ is a blocking type of command on redis. So does redis time series commands also block the service, if yes then which all of them do so?

In that sense all commands at this point are blocking, the info is not a big problem since there’s not a lot of data. the rest will block your redis. if your range result is not very big this blocking time should be minimal.