Index dropout

i have successfully load the redis search module & i can create the index but the issue is that when i create the index after 10-15 min its drop the index automatically & showing the below error

127.0.0.16379> FT.SEARCH myIdx “hello world” LIMIT 0 10

(error) myIdx: no such index

Are you sure you don’t have some kind of script that is dropping the index or flushing the database?

Yes, i am not using anykind of scritp for drop the index but today i have monitor my server and found that one process is utilizing 200% cpu because of that my redis has been stoped Its xmrig-notls. Its come to my system after installing the redis search.

Hey Mark,

It’s the 3rd time i am unable to take ssh of my instance. For testing purposes I have installed the redis on another instance who is dedicated for redis. Now, its showing the error “Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic)” . and all this happening after installation of the redis search module. It might be possible that some unnecessary packages are coming with this. I have decided I will go with elastic cache.

below is a screenshot of my instance after installing redis search module .

Thanks & Regards

Pankaj Thapliyal
Linux System Administrtor

Appinventiv Technologies Pvt Ltd

B-25 Sector-58 Noida U.P 201301

Email Id: pankaj@appinventiv.com

Mobile No: +91-9999671553 | Skype Id: live:pankaj_1048

Hello Pankaj,

It looks like you’ve left your Redis server unprotected and open to the public, so it was taken over by a cryptomining operation. I recommend you burn the server and reinstall it.