FT.SEARCH - Module Disabled in Open Source Redis

Hi,
I am using the Redis Open Source version to explore Redis. I have downloaded pre-compiled binaries from Redis Labs. I loaded the RediSearch module, and to quickly validate the installation, I executed a couple of commands as mentioned in the quick start documentation.

I was able to create the index but at the time of search I go the below error:
server XXX:6379> FT.SEARCH myIdx “hello world” LIMIT 0 10
(error) Module Disabled in Open Source Redis

Below is the module info:

Modules

module:name=search,ver=20606,api=1,filters=0,usedby=,using=[ReJSON],options=
module:name=ReJSON,ver=20406,api=1,filters=0,usedby=[search],using=,options=[handle-io-errors]

search_version

search_version:2.6.6
search_redis_version:7.0.9 - oss

search_index

search_number_of_indexes:1

search_fields_statistics

search_fields_text:Text=3

search_dialect_statistics

search_dialect_1:0
search_dialect_2:0
search_dialect_3:0

search_runtime_configurations

search_concurrent_mode:OFF
search_enableGC:ON
search_minimal_term_prefix:2
search_maximal_prefix_expansions:200
search_query_timeout_ms:500
search_timeout_policy:return
search_cursor_read_size:1000
search_cursor_max_idle_time:300000
search_max_doc_table_size:1000000
search_max_search_results:1000000
search_max_aggregate_results:-1
search_search_pool_size:20
search_index_pool_size:8
search_gc_scan_size:100
search_min_phonetic_term_length:3

Are the precompiled binaries available on Redis Labs only to work with the enterprise edition?
Are there any limitations of commands which will not be executed on the open-source version and are meant to run only on the enterprise/license version?
Also, I want to know where I can download the pre-compiled binaries of RediSearch, which work with the open-source version.

Appreciate the quick response.

Thanks.

Hello Mavrick,
Can you please share the download URL?
RediSearch is fully functional with OSS Redis (e.g., you can try Docker).
There is a Redis Enterprise oriented binary version, I suspect you accidentally stumbled upon it.

BR
/re

Hi Raffapen,
Thanks for taking the time to respond to the post.
I followed the link to download as mentioned in the official documentation. It redirected me to the following link- Redis Cloud Console

From there, I downloaded RedisJSON and RediSearch. The RedisJSON module loaded into the OS version of Redis as expected. However, with RediSearch, I met an error (which I shared earlier) while validating the module.

Also, on redislabs → Download Center, I go through all the options again and do not see any option differentiating binaries between OS and the Enterprise versions.

The download history has an entry with the description "Downloaded RediSearch 2 for RedHat 8 2.6.6 "

Please let me know if there is a different link or item to follow to download pre-compiled binaries of RediSearch, which will go with the OS version of Redis.

Thanks.

Maverick, you can try the Redis Stack here Redis Stack with both modules being part of it. You can download it from the docker image shared Docker or choose another option that you prefer on the documentation.

Hello Adriano,
Thank you for taking the time to respond.
In my case, I am looking for pre-compiled binaries as we do not use docker.
As mentioned, I downloaded pre-compiled binaries from the RedisLabs, but it seems those are meant to work with the enterprise edition (based on the error message received).

Tks Mavrick to reaching out. Do you think the procedure below feature to your request for installing from the binaries?

Install Redis Stack with binaries

Download from: DOWNLOAD

How to install Redis Stack using tarballs

Start Redis Stack Server

After untarring or unzipping your redis-stack-server download, you can start Redis Stack Server as follows:

/path/to/redis-stack-server/bin/redis-stack-server

Add the binaries to your PATH

You can add the redis-stack-server binaries to your $PATH as follows:

Open the file ~/.bashrc or ~/zshrc (depending on your shell), and add the following lines.

export PATH=/path/to/redis-stack-server/bin:$PATH

If you have an existing Redis installation on your system, then you can choose override those override those PATH variables as before, or you can choose to only add redis-stack-server binary as follows:

export PATH=/path/to/redis-stack-server/bin/redis-stack-server:$PATH

If you’re running redis-stack-server on a mac, please ensure you have openssl installed, via homebrew.

Now you can start Redis Stack Server as follows:

redis-stack-server